We’re excited to welcome you into our spaces, but there are some new rules.
A couple quick things before we get started…
Face coverings are required to be on (and over your nose) before you arrive inside our Iowa City Taproom and Solon Brewpub. If you forget yours, worry not — we’ll get you one for free.
Guests are expected to wear their masks upon arrival to our space, when moving about the cabin (see: heading to the restroom), and departing Big Grove.
Our maximum party size is 8 guests. To enjoy our food and beverage please remain seated, in accordance with Johnson County and Iowa guidelines.
At this time, there are no exceptions and these are non-negotiables for hangin’ out at our place, ya’ dig?
A look back and a look forward…
March 16, we decided to close both Big Grove Brewery locations. One day later, the state of Iowa mandated that all restaurants and taprooms be closed to in-house guests. Prior to that decision, our leadership teams met several times to discuss how we’d meet the disruption that was sure to come.
March 17, we would’ve been celebrating the 3rd anniversary of our Iowa City Taproom. What a strange and bewildering feeling to ask everyone to stay away from our space, when all we do as a company is aim for new and exciting ways to welcome guests into our restaurants and breweries.
We quickly pivoted to turn our businesses into a pick-up and drive-thru model that could continue to serve our guests the same quality beer and food with a reimagined version of hospitality. Additionally, we’ve expanded our indoor and outdoor spaces to accommodate guests with more space between each table.
We are so proud of our teams during this crisis:
- Partnered in creating “Food With Love,” an initiative with other area restaurants and Common Table, Community Foundation of Johnson County, Table to Table, and City of Iowa City to provide meals to those in need. Food with Love targets 10,000 packaged meals donated by May 31.
- Worked with United Way to secure and package 5,000 pounds of rice for local pantries.
- Cooked and delivered meals to the staff at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics.
- Donated meals to the Solon Senior Dining program.
- Provided meals for the ICCSD Nutrition Department.
Our goal is to serve you in the safest possible manner, for you and our staff:
- Barstools are exclusively available for hosted seating to follow 6-foot social distancing and to reduce our capacity.
- All guests must have a seat when enjoying their food and beverage.
- Maximum party size of 8 guests.
- We will bring guests into our space one table at a time to avoid queuing in normal congregation areas.
- Iowa City has shifted from a self-service to a full-service model.
- Initiating a new cleaning schedule and sanitary practices.
- Outdoor firepit seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Even without free high-fives, hugs, and handshakes, we will still greet our staff and guests with positive energy and warm hospitality—albeit from behind masks and from 6 feet away. We are dedicated to the details which will create high-quality experiences that our guests have come to expect, because above all, we love to take care of people.
Thank you again for all your love and support. Our partners and customers have shown us what true community means. As we move to the next chapter of this story, we can’t wait to be safely together again.